Friday, June 09, 2006

My thoughts on blogging and reading blogs

Carol at "She Lives" http://she-lives.typepad.com/she_lives/ asks(in orange type) My answers in lavender. Thanks, Carol for another stimulating topic of conversation!

--How do find the blogs you read regularly? I found Carol by going on google and putting in the search: Chrisitan women blogs--Praise the Lord that hers came up. I've gotten most of the other blogs that I read from her blog, either on the sidebar or memes.
-- When you leave a comment, do you frequently return to that post to check for the author's response? When I visit a blog for the first or second time, I rarely leave a comment. I save it as a favorite and usually visit it as often as I am on the computer. If there is something in the post, I will make a comment.
-- What types of situations might cause you to stop reading a blog that you once enjoyed? So far, I haven't stopped reading anyone's blog on my favorites. One of my favorite ladies disappeared. She had 2 blogs. I loved reading her postings. Veronica/Ronni was a gifted insightful writer and her blogs went blank and I have not been able to find that she is writing a blog anywhere on the net.
-- How much personal privacy do you try to maintain when posting on your own blog? I try to keep some personal privacy about where I live. You never know who could be reading in this day and age of identity theft and weirdos. I work at keeping the blog about my thoughts and feelings. Discussing information about relatives and friends is a NO NO.

-- What are your thoughts about encouraging offline friends to read your blog? I have told all of my friends that I have a blog and given the web address, but no one has said that they have ever read it. Oh well.....
-- What criteria do you look for in the blogs you enjoy reading? Or perhaps I should ask, what factors do your favorite blogs all have in common? Criteria and commonalilty is 1.) Christian, 2.) Women, 3.) Insightful writing 4.) Writing that stimulates me to think, pray and write.
-- Are there any blogs you read on a regular basis in which the author frequently expresses beliefs or opinions that completely contradict your own? No, I haven't come across a blog that completely contradicts my beliefs, since my criteria for finding blogs is VERY specific.
-- If you disagree with a blogger do you usually voice your perspective so they can see things from a different angle, or just ignore theirs and click away? If I have a different opinion, I would always leave a comment. Does the size of the person's readership influence this for you? Nope, size of readership doesn't influence me. I see it as they are still just one person, just like me.
-- Do you read and/or post on Saturdays and Sundays? Or are you predominantly at M-F blogger?
I read all days of the week, but not every day. If my husband and I are driving into town, and I don't get up extra early to check in, I'll miss that day of blogging. Because I am a morning person and by evening, I don't usually want to even look at the computer.

3 comments:

Carol said...

This has been a great help to me. Thanks! I really appreciate seeing a sampling of the spectrum of thoughts on blogging from my fellow bloggers. Mostly, it's brought me to the conclusion that my thoughts about blogging aren't as bizarre as I sometimes think they are. Now, the other things I think about...I can be a bit odd...er, eccentric.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this Cathee.....and I am having some kind of psychedelic experience with those orange letters!!! They are floating off the page! Very cool....lol

So will I see you this week at the conference? =)

StacyRK said...

Hi, I am very new to blogging and love it. I am searching for other Christian bloggers to connect with..fun and inspirational..I just started a blog too which is just wild because I claimed I would never blog LOL..check it out http://simplepleasures-stacyrk.blogspot.com
Look forward to chatting and reading more of your blog!! Stacy from Columbus