Friday, June 02, 2006

Friday Feast

APPETIZER
How funny on a scale of 1 to 10 am I?
I'm about a 5. Cannot tell a joke to save my life. I love to laugh at jokes. That's what attracted me to my sp0use. He can really tell a joke, and he can still make me laugh!

SOUP
A local restaurant I would recommend to a visitor?
We've been here a year now, and I have been very disappointed in the restaurants. I came from So. Calif and could name 100 fabu restaurants there. Coffee Shop--Mimi's in Goodyear. I'm still looking for a good Chinese, Mexican(or Southwest) and Sushi restaurants. For steak, you can't beat Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.

SALAD
A lesson I was lucky enough to learn the easy way?
How to bargain. Almost everything you buy is negotiable. My former boss, Marco, taught me this. I used to think he was shamelessly cheap when he would bargain over purchases. Then I realized, that's how he got rich and stayed rich(good stewardship)--he never paid more than he absolutely had to for any item that he bought. I started doing it and save money all the time now.

MAIN COURSE
Where would you like to be 5 years from now?
Working as a Patient Advocate in a hospital. Either as a volunteer position or be paid for it. Patients who don't have family or friends to intercede for them with the overworked and understaffed hospital workers(RNs, LVNs, etc) can fall thru the cracks.

DESSERT
Headline on the front page of a newspaper dated June 2, 2106?
"THE 1,000 YEAR REIGN OF JESUS A GREAT SUCCESS"

No comments: