Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Anger Over Nothing

When I get angry, I take it out on whomever is available.......my spouse, the bedroom door, a cupboard or whatever is available. It's usually over nothing at all. Or rather, something insignificant: I drop something, knock something over, spill something or stub my toe. It usually has to be a series of small frustrations that build up to the one that causes the anger explosion.

Even though I don't direct my anger toward anyone but myself, it spills over to the whole household. My husband, thinks it must be something that he has done, the dogs cower and run because they think they are in trouble. Immediately, I regret my outburst, but there's no taking it back. It's done. I don't want to do it, but it just explodes out of me.

I want to ask for prayer on this, because even though these outbursts have happened less and less often, I am still having them. I still try to control them by my own strength and will. I want to add this to my prayer list that my friend and I pray about each morning. Will you pray for me? Thank you.

I want my daily life to be a prayer to Jesus and angry outbursts take me away from that. I know that the lesson is to lean on the Lord for my strength in dealing with this. I understand that focusing on little frustrations keep me from thinking about the big issues, which I tend to place on a back burner in my mind. I avoid dealing with the big issue (or issues) and because they are not resolved, I get upset over little things instead.

Lord, give me your strength to take care of the things that I can. Remind me to lean on you for everything, even the little frustrations of daily living.

1 comment:

Kelli B said...

I replied to your comments on my blog! we're funny..check it out if you'd like to read it. It's under "comments" of Friday's post.