Monday, May 29, 2006

Soaring

A Peregrine falcon fearlessly attacks an eagle who is threatening her nest.
I read Diana's blog today and it conjured up a recurring dream I have had. Not recently, although I wish for it.
I am soaring above the earth, holding on to Jesus's hand. I can feel the air on my face and through my hair. The air smells pure and sweet. The air is that perfect temperature and humidity. Warm, yet cool as I glide through it. Sometimes, in the dream, it is daytime, other times it is night, with a moon. I am completely at peace and comfortable with being high in the sky. Just recalling the dream gives me a sense of serenity.
Jesus lets go of my hand and I start to drop, ever so slowly. I look toward Him and I am assured that I will not fall, I just have to rest assured. I do and I fly and fly and fly.
I usually wake from this dream smiling. I hope a little part of heaven is that we will be able to soar about and to work and not grow tired.
"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:30

Often these days, as we work on the house and yard, I wish I could work and not grow tired or get sore muscles. I am digging a flower garden under our bedroom windows. The soil here is clay-y. It is moon dusty when dry, when you wet it, it becomes runny and sticky, then when that dries, it's hard as rock. In fact, the dirt does form rock and it's called caleachie. So digging is very difficult and you have to amend the soil before you can plant anything. I am moving the plants from the side of the house to the front because we are going to put a concrete sidewalk from the garage to the side door. I was told there shouldn't be plantings right next to the house because it will undermine the soil next to the greenboard that skirts the crawlspace under the house. We can end up with pools of water under the house and grow mosquitos. Don't want that with the West Nile Virus present in the Phoenix area.

On that note, I'll get back to digging.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathee!

Your gardens sound like a lot of work, but they'll be so pretty. The VERY small space that we dug out for a flower/tomato bed is doing really great here. Of course, we do not have the raw desert soil.

My husband has those kinds of dreams/daydreams too! I never dream of flying, but he often thinks of it and loves that verse!

God bless
Christie

Carol said...

Awesome dream! How come I only get the ones where I folks are waiting for me to be somewhere at a specific time and I keep getting waylaid and farther from my destination?

Tradeja!