Friday, May 26, 2006

5 Thought Provoking Questions

This is a picture of the landscaping that we put in. You can't see the 4 bouganvillas next to the carport cause they are in the shade.

1) What is your life verse?
2) Give a bit of your testimony
3) Do you have a favorite preacher?
4) What's the best Bible Study you've ever done?
5) What do you feel God's calling is on your life?


These questions are not original with me. Saw these questions on Carol's She Lives Blog http://she-lives.typepad.com/she_lives/

It's good to have your thoughts provoked.

1) What is your life verse? Romans 5 v1-5 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
2) Give a bit of your testimony Raised Catholic, including Catholic school through High School. Walked away, at 17, at 19, married, had my son at 23, accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior 2 years after that. My walk used to be affected by the church or bible study I was attending, getting too involved with people and gossip. I remarried at 35 (to a non-believer, thinking I could save him--he is a good man, just won't let go and accept Christ) I pray for his salvation daily. If I had to do it again, even after 24 years of marriage, I wouldn't marry a non-believer. He doesn't interfere with my faith, we just don't share spiritual belief like we share everything else. I found a wonderful small church to attend and communicate online, by phone and thru blogs daily to strengthen my walk with Jesus. I pray every morning at the same time of day with a friend who is 500 miles from me.
3) Do you have a favorite preacher? I love to listen to Billy Graham and am reading his new book, The Journey.
4) What's the best Bible Study you've ever done? I'm still doing it. My Women's Devotional Bible. It has writings by respected Christian women and verses to read each day. I also like my One Minute Bible that I read before going to bed.
5) What do you feel God's calling is on your life? Perserverence. Don't quit, don't give up or give in. To pray without ceasing, to find out His Will for me for that day and be open to walking that direction regardless of fear.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Well, I'm glad to have been so mentally provocative. Thanks for sharing these bits of yourself.

And keep praying for that husband of yours. After 19 years of marriage, mine is just not coming around.