Saturday, January 27, 2007

Random Thoughts Due to Lack of Sleep


Why do we think our dogs would look so cute in human clothes? Why do we cut their fur and then have to put sweaters on them? Just before it got really really cold here, we took Harry and Teddy in to get a trim. What I meant when I told the groomer "just trim them--you know, even out their coats". She heard, "Take them down to 1/4 inch" I guess. Now I know, I say just a bath and trim their face and feet. Harry was shivering for a month and had to be put under a blanket every time he came in from going out to potty. Teddy is young and nothing seems to bother him!
I had a "bed of nails" night last night. That's when I only sleep for, at the most, an hour at a time. Then I lay awake for an hour or more. Last night none of my tried and true methods worked. I read--which is usually a sure-fire method to cause sleepiness. Not this night! I read for 1-1/2 hours. Finally I shut off the light and put on my instrumental hymns CD. First, it was too loud, then it was too soft. I listened to all 15 hymns and it shut off. There were dogs barking all night, it seemed. I finally fell asleep at around 5:30 and was awakened by one of the outside dogs(our neighbor's dogs that sleep at our house) shrieks. There are the mom and 2 six month old girl pups. They are now bigger than their mom and are starting to bug her. I think she bit one of the girls. That got me flying out of bed to see what the injury was. I think it was mostly hurt feelings because I couldn't find any blood. So I got up. Feel like I've been run over by a truck, but I'm up.
Got Joel Osteen's daily word in my email and it was a good one. "Be careful how you live--not as unwise but wise, making the most of every opportunity." (Ephesians 5:15-16) God gives me opportunities all the time that I pass up due to silly fears. When I worked, I never procrastinated. Now that I have time on my hands, I put things off until I end up apologising because they are late. I am realizing that because I have the idea that I have all the time in the world, I am letting many important opportunities slip right through my fingers. I need to get my priorities in order and live the best life God has for me. Take action, don't just dawdle.

No comments: