Friday, January 26, 2007

FRIDAYS FEAST #128


This picture has nothing whatsoever to do with the FF, but just reread Rob's Unspace Blogs about his birdies last night and thought that this was a cute picture--it's not one of Rob's birdies, but I thought it was cute anyway!
APPETIZER
If you could take lessons to learn any musical instrument, which would you want to learn? How about relearn? That would be the piano. When I was a kid, I took lessons for 8 years, competed and did quite well. Then turned 13 and my priorities changed--high school and all that it entails. I can still read notes, but can't play a note! Now they have those electric pianos and I would love to play again.
SOUP
Have you ever mistaken a person for someone else?
Embarrassingly, many times. So many times, that until I am absolutely sure of the person's name, I don't use their name when I address them. I practice looking at them and saying their name over and over in my mind until I have it set. Still, sometimes, I can barely catch myself before saying their name incorrectly. Some people (particularly women) get insulted if you call them by the wrong name.
SALAD
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how well do you keep secrets?
I am a 10. I have been a confidant to many. I have an ability to tuck secrets away in a corner of my mind behind a locked door. I am the safest person to tell a secret to because I never repeat anything that was ever told to me in confidence. Once, a close friend accused me of telling something that she had wanted kept secret from the people at work. It had gotten out and she was positive that I had told someone. I had not and I was very distressed that she would think that I had let the secret out. She was angry with me and I was very hurt that she thought it was me. As it turned out, a coworker "googled" my friend's name on the internet and read about her then told everyone else at work about her secret. It affected our friendship--it will never be the same.
MAIN COURSE
What's the closest you've ever been to a dangerous animal?
Last summer, I killed a rattlesnake with a shovel. It was in the fenced patio right by the water faucet. Luckily, it rattled just as I was heading for the faucet to turn off the water. I ran back into the house, thought about it and went out the front door, got the shovel and chased it back through the fence. It kept trying to come back into the patio. That's the area where we let out 2 little dogs go to be outside. I didn't want it to come back in and bite one of the dogs. So I had to suck up my fear and make the first strike with the shovel count. My husband was out of town and my neigbors were at work--I had to do it. I cried afterward, because I don't believe in killing even dangerous animals.
DESSERT
When was the last time you lost your patience?
Last Saturday. The next day my husband and I ended up in a big fight about it. I have a difficult time trying to control my temper. It is a thorn in my side. I am just like my father in that way. I don't lose patience with other people--just myself. I let myself get frustrated and then boom! I lose it--I scream, shout, kick inaminate objects, tear things, throw things....etc. It's horrible and I feel horrible for letting it happen. I have made progress with God's help. It's just that I don't always rely on the Lord for help and trying to control it under my own strength is useless. Lord help me remember where my strength comes from!

No comments: