Sunday, October 01, 2006

Long Time, No Post

This is yesterday's picture of my nephew and his son, who is just over 6 months old.

I just had to post this picture of father and son.

I haven't posted in a long time because I have been very busy with home and church.

The entertainment center that was whitewashed oak was quite a project. We didn't realize how hard it is to strip whitewash out of all the grain in oak. We're talkin' toothbrushing every single grain, dipping and wiping, garbed in goggles, gloves and breather mask. This took a daily committment from dawn until it got to hot in the garage to work. (usually to about 12:30). The rest of the day was too unbelievably hot to even think about using the volitile stripper liquid.

Then came the sanding, staining, and varathane. Sanding in between the coats of varathane(water-based varnish). We finally finished it a week ago Thursday. We brought it in the house and Phil & I put it together. Then on Friday, my son and mother arrived. My son did all the DirecTV moving and hooking up. Friday night, we watched, Master and Commander on wide-screen tv with surround sound. (we've had the surround sound for many years, but this is the first time we've really been able to enjoy it with a movie)

I love my church and I am there several times a week. I go to ladies bible study and discipleship bible study. I work at the church too, once a week. I still haven't found a job, but my life is joyous once again. The Lord has lifted the depression.

Thank you Lord for my life!

1 comment:

crickl said...

I'm glad you're doing so well Such a blessing to be out from under the oppression of depression!

Master and Commander is one of my favorite movies! We love it...een believe you are out there in the heat refinishing furniture! Aaack!

Glad to read you!
Christie